From three-day weekends to holographic technology, the future has a lot of potential. I'm back! I wrote a blog post a while back on 10 things I think will happen by 2050 (In case you haven't read it, you can do so here ). So here's a list of 10 more of my predictions for the next 25 years. 11. A four-day work week will become the norm in several organisations worldwide. As a result of multiple factors, including an increasing shift to working remotely and demands from various labour and employment groups, companies and organisations have experimented with a four-day work week model. Studies have shown promising results, with observed improvements in mental and physical health, as well as stress reduction. The idea is still very much in its infancy, but a lot can change in 25 years. By 2050, we may just see a global shift towards a four-day work week, which entails a three-day weekend. Sign me up! 12. Anti-AI Trade Unions will be widespread. People have already begun to voi...
Can Christmas and business go together? It's December. Christmas is almost here. But let's be real, the Christmas buzz has been around for weeks, if not months. Decorations go up in early November. Stores begin offering Christmas deals soon after. Coca-Cola Santa, Christmas songs playing nonstop in supermarkets (my condolences to anyone who works in retail), it begins to look a lot like Christmas long before the 25th of December. This is something that has irritated me for years. Christmas is my favourite holiday, a great time of the year. But it's more than just an excuse to get presents and eat nice food. As a Christian, Christmas is a significant celebration; it's a time to commemorate the birth of Jesus. The fact that our society has reduced Christmas to nothing more than a commercial event, which is all show with little substance, is something that irks me. However, this isn't a black-or-white issue. People need to buy decorations, cards and gifts for Christmas...
Even more speculations on what life will be like in the future. To close out 2025, I'm going to finish up on my 25 predictions on things I think will happen by 2050. You can read part I here and part II here . So let's get to it. 21. Cable TV will be practically extinct. When I was a kid, my parents would pay for TV subscriptions and I would watch channels like Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon on weekends. That era has been nearing its end over the last few years, as streaming giants like Netflix, Disney+ and HBOMax have taken over the entertainment space. By 2050, people will probably be talking about cable TV the same way we talk about flip phones. RIP Saturday morning cartoons. 22. More high school graduates will choose vocational-based alternatives to university. I saw a YouTube video which highlighted how more young Americans are choosing to specialise in 'trades' as opposed to going to university. As we approach 2050, I expect this trend to increase globally...
Comments
Post a Comment